Outerloop Management (Silver Spring, MD) – a full-service artist management firm and record label.
- Manage social media and promotions for several cutting-edge music labels including CrimeKitchen, Daily Earfood, and MA Music.
- Scout musical talent/up-and-coming musicians by conducting online research.
- Execute communications and managed key artist relationships.
- Designed artwork for singles/songs to be released on a record label.
- Maintain YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages for various labels and musicians.
- Update a website for a podcast network.
- Extract quotes from podcasts for future promotions of the episodes.
Music Disc Jockey (DJ) Apr 2016 – Present
Self-Employed (Baltimore, MD)
- Perform at/DJ electronic music shows including several at the 8×10 Club, a well-established Baltimore music venue.
Barrett’s Grill Restaurant (Cockeysville, MD) Aug 2015 – Present
Outback Steakhouse (Owings Mills, MD) Aug 2014 – Aug 2015
- Serve food and provide consistent and excellent customer service at the food establishments listed above, year-round (while maintaining full-time student status).
Merriweather Post Pavilion Concessions Cook and Server Jun 2011 – Oct 2015
Charm City Hospitality (Baltimore, MD)
- Monitored food, beverage, and inventory; and prepared and served food in a fast-paced environment.
Pediatric Dental Practice Intern Jun 2012 – Aug 2012
Office of Stephen C. Levin, D.D.S. (Forest Hills, MD)
- Assisted the dentist and staff in a busy pediatric dental office.
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Adobe Acrobat
- Blender (3D modeling program)
- Facebook (profile management)
- Instagram (profile management)
- Mac OS and Windows OS
- Microsoft Office
- Twitter (profile management)
- WordPress and Squarespace (website management)
- YouTube (profile management)
- Ableton Live
- Electronic music production/creating electronic music. (https://soundcloud.com/walabe8)
- Proficient in guitar, mixing electronic music, and sound design.
- Weight-lifting and cooking.
IMC – “is a concept of marketing communications planning that recognizes the added value of a comprehensive plan that evaluates the strategic roles of a variety of communication disciplines— for example, general advertising, direct response, sales promotion, and public relations—and combines these disciplines to provide clarity, consistency, and maximum communications impact. (Belch, pg 9)”
In the music industry I plan on using IMC to amplify the brands I work with. Currently I work with Crimekitchen (a dubstep label), Daily Earfood (a free promotional channel/label), and Most Addictive (a promotional channel/label. All of these organizations need amplification, cross marketing, and a unified voice to increase traffic. By tagging, referencing, and promoting all the releases these labels provide will also increase back linking and SEO optimization.
My personal ethics when it comes to music is a utilitarian standpoint. The effectiveness of the decisions I make is based off the consequences and I look to benefit the most people with the work I do. Social contracts are important and there is no need for such an in an industry like this. What is of utmost importance is democratic thinking when it comes to the music we are releasing, the artwork, and the direction the company wants as a single forward thinking unit.